15 North Ewing Street | Helena MT 59601 | 406.443.0287
Myrna Loy E-News

Rated: Unrated

Length: 88 minutes

Friday - 05/06 Opens!
AuditoriumScreening Room

Charged

Opens May 6th!

In 2011, Chef Eduardo Garcia was shocked with 2400 volts of electricity in a freak incident deep in Montana’s backcountry. Near death, alone and miles from help, Eduardo got up and took his first step towards what would ultimately be years of recovery and rehabilitation.

When Eduardo arrived at Salt Lake City’s Burn Trauma ICU, doctors said he was a dead man with a heartbeat. During the course of his recovery, Eduardo spent 48 days in the ICU. He had nine severe exit wounds and underwent 21 surgeries, which included the removal of four ribs and cutting away destroyed muscle mass from his torso, legs, arms and scalp. Doctors tried to save Eduardo’s left hand, but, when it came down to life or limb, they had to amputate the chef’s hand and forearm.

Charged is a survivor story, the survival of a man and a friendship. But it is about more than just surviving, it is about building stronger relationships and a better life after tragedy. It is about finding your best self so you can live life fully Charged.